DIY Graduation Party Photo Booth
Created by: Emily Buys, Clever Housewife
Add some fun and pizazz to your graduation party with a DIY photo booth – a Polaroid frame. Customize your photos with yearbook hashtags and fun props.
Graduation is a huge milestone for most people. Whether you’re moving on from junior high, high school, college or graduate school, graduating is an exciting time filled with new adventure. Why not celebrate this time with a killer graduation party, with tons of fun to be had?! This easy DIY Graduation Party Photo Booth is sure to be fun for all guests – and all ages.
Apart from the silly masks, headbands, DIY glasses and mustaches, the key component that makes this photo booth clever for graduation is the homemade Polaroid frame. Polaroids are a blast from the past, but this hip new frame will have your guests laughing – and inspired.
Hashtags are a thing of both the present and the future, so combine the Polaroid with hashtags for the graduates. You remember the yearbook awards: Best Smile, Most Likely to Succeed, Most Athletic, Best Couple…and the list goes on. Let's turn those yearbook names into hashtags to adorn the bottom of your photo-booth Polaroid!
Step inside the "booth"with your silly props, choose a hashtag and let the photography begin.
- Large foam board
- Utility knife
- Contact paper
- Dry erase markers
- Construction paper
- Skewers or sticks
- Any other props you want
- To make the Polaroid display, which serves as the basis for your photo booth, cut out the center of a large piece of foam board using a utility knife. Be sure to leave enough blank space at the bottom – for your hashtags, of course.
- Cover the bottom of the photo with a clear piece of contact paper. This makes for easy writing, erasing and rewriting with dry erase markers.
- Use the construction paper and skewers (or sticks) to create silly faces, mustaches, glasses and funny hats. You may also find some fun props in the toy section of your local store.
- For a backdrop, alternate different color streamers to create a colorful background. Simply tape each streamer to the wall and/or ceiling.
- Give your guests a list of possible hashtags (#bestsmile, #mostathletic, #cutestcouple) or let them explore their creativity on their own. Either way, this graduation party photo booth is sure to be a hit!