Monkey Bread Muffins
With refrigerated rolls and a few everyday ingredients on hand, you can have ooey gooey warm caramel rolls ready anytime. And kids love eating monkey bread!
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (16.3 oz.) refrigerated large flaky biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, if desired
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Generously butter 8 regular muffin cups. Separate biscuits and cut each into 6 wedges.
- In large bowl, toss biscuit pieces with melted butter until coated. Sprinkle in brown sugar and cinnamon. Toss until all pieces are coated.
- Arrange 6 biscuit pieces in each buttered muffin cup, tucking in a few chocolate chips if desired; press slightly into pan. Sprinkle any remaining brown sugar mixture over biscuits. Bake 10-12 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk until blended; mixture will be fairly thick. Remove biscuits from oven and top each with spoonful of the frosting. Let cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Run table knife around edges of biscuits to loosen. Remove from pan. Spread frosting over top.