Rich Chocolate Pudding
This rich and delicious chocolate dessert relies on eggs, not starch for thickening. It’s suitable for Passover, as well as for gluten-free diets.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs, separated, at room-temperature
- 10 oz. dark chocolate (60% cacao), chopped
- 6 Tbsp. water
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 8 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Beat the egg whites in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Set a metal or heat-safe glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add the chocolate, water, sugar, butter, and salt to the bowl. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and beat in the egg yolks.
- Fold in the egg whites until just combined and transfer to 8 serving glasses. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours.